So, here I am, God. I'm waiting (in more ways than one) to see what your plans are... and trying not to make my plans Yours.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
My heart lies elsewhere... or does it?
I was talking with a friend who just got back from spending a summer in Texas at a camp. She loved it. She also was telling me how she feels so strange being here. She feels like her heart is elsewhere and she just... isn't satisfied. Like she isn't upset that she is here, but she is just almost restless because she is here. She doesn't know where her heart is, though... or if she will know anytime soon. She is about to start dating this young fellow. I personally believe they will get married... just after her telling me about him. But anyways, he has a passion for kids and missions. As does she, but not as much until this summer. She feels that if God wanted to take her from everything she knew right now, she would be ready. And it was weird listening to her, because for sometime now, I've felt restless in the same way... almost like the place I'm in is just not enough anymore, and there is something greater just waiting for me in another place. And hearing her heart, and what is going on inside of her, I felt almost reassured. And if you know me, you know this is just...erm... abnormal. I am such a homebody. A few years ago, i never wold have imagined myself saying this. Shoot, I don't even know if I would have worked Parkview this summer, or hangout with any of my coworkers, etc. I never liked doing things by myself, but I have been lately. I am now wondering if God is preparing my heart for something now? Maybe so... then again, maybe not. Maybe he just wants me to experience new things outside of my bubble, and to try and relate to people more... rather than just nodding my head and trying to relate to something they have to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment