Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Looks like rain."- Ever After

I just ran into someone else I didn't know was coming back to BRCC. His name is Rhett. He got in a really bad car accident just before finals last semester (I think the guy that ht him was drunk or something), and so things just got really messed up. I just saw him though, and although we aren't good friends, it was like seeing someone I haven't seen for years. It was cool. He was telling me about this stuff he's being doing and all. 

Anyways, today is my second day back... my alarm actually worked this morning :) I had Intro to Folklore this morning. My professor for that class is highly odd... but in a neat way. She wanted us to introduce ourselves, give a nickname we go by (that she can call us) then tell us something weird about ourselves. She had two weird things. One: she redecorates her house twice a year. Pretty much uses the same stuff, just switches the colors out in the spring and fall. The colors have to match the season. Then, in September, she watches the same two movies till she gets sick of them. She watches movie #1 every night for two weeks straight, then movie #2 every night for 2 weeks straight, then switches back and forth between them every night until se gets tired of them and then proceeds to put them away until next September. Odd? Well, we are all odd in some way... but this just sheds a whole new light on the subject in my eyes. :) She likes LOTR and owns an Arwen necklace and Galadriel ring. I think it will be a fun class. All of my 11 classmates seemed interesting and artistic. Hopefully this will get me writing less...erm... sad things again. We'll see.

Then, I had my 2 hour and 45 minute long psychology class (only 7 weeks long). They changed my professor like 2 weeks ago... but they didn't let me know this. I was expecting a lady... not what I entered class seeing. My professor seems like a guy who has a little grandson that loves trains. I could see him dressed in a conductors hat, overalls, and a little red kerchief hanging out of his front pocket. But, he isn't a softy. He seems like a very nice guy and knows what he is talking about... also gets respect from his class, but I'm sure he is a really sweet grandfather.

I won't tell you about my math professor because I am not hoping to stay in his class long. I picked this particular class so that I could have this professor, but then they changed the professor over the summer :(

Anyways, that is about it for today. I think Emily came back today, and we have a leaders meeting tomorrow, so I think Ill et to see her. I also have to buy a watch for classes. It's easier than taking my cell out of my back-pack to check the time.  Umbrella would be nice too... hat way I won't be drenched when I reach my car like I did today :) I like rain, though. It a nice reminder of God's love and pureness raining down. Hope you had a great day, though!

No comments: