Monday, August 18, 2008

"Happy trails to you, until we meet again"

First day of classes. My summer official ended at 10 a.m. this morning (10 am... isn't it glorious?) It started off kinda funny... 

Ok, so as I was typing, I heard someone say "Dom?" through my earphones. Josh Gill goes to BRCC, too! 

Anyways, back to how my day started... not that you care :) I set an alarm on my phone for 8:45 (Had to be on campus for 10) Well, I woke up, and I could tell it was early, and because of my extreme faith (not really) in technology, I trusted my cell phone to wake me up at the appropriate time... so I went back to sleep. Well, when I woke again, I was debating whether or not I should open my eyes and check the time... I decided against it. then, something told me to check... just in case my phone was being silly. Well, what do you know! It's 8:55. God is good. He def. woke me up this morning. So, I had a sweet text from Lauren wishing me a good first day, then I got ready and headed out. And, My mom was even awake when I left! yay! I like to have someone awake when I go to leave for school. I don't know why.

There are at least 8 people that I know on campus this semester. That excites me. It's about time I knew someone around here. I've already seen 5 of them this morning. I also found out that the class I thought I signed up for, I apparently didn't? I have a different professor.. and he isn't listed on ratemyprofessors.com. I'm a little worried. But, I'll be done with that class in 7 weeks. I'll just have to study a good bit. Oh, and last remedial math this semester :) yay!

I'm not going to work at Our Daily Bread this semester. I decided I want to have my Saturdays free and that the management there isn't very good. Also, who wants to make smoothies for a living? Not me. Yeah, so it took me a long time to come to the realization... but I guess you have to make mistakes for yourself  sometimes to learn things. I may not go back at all... we'll see what God has in store.

Now, to go backwards a bit, Saturday was... not my most favorite day. Lauren left for Moody early that morning, and Saturday could have also been a very significant days to me. But it wasn't. Anyways, on a better note,  I want to talk about my last night of freedom. I learned some stuff, and had a great time with some of my good friends.

First we went to play laser tag. It was Kristian, Jonah, Zack, Felix and Joey. Joey, Felix and I dominated... to put it lightly :) First game it was all of us, plus a dad and his two kids who had never played before... well, we won... but we felt kinda bad after because the little girl was just walking by her dad the whole time and they were easy targets... so we kinda just left them alone. But it was fun. Then they left and we played against each other. It was Kristian, Felix and Joey vs. Jonah, Zack and myself. I can't remember who won that one. It was fun. Then, our last game, three other people came, so we played 3 teams of three. Felix, Joey and I were insane :) We won by like 4000 points. It was a lot of fun. Those are some of my favorite guy friends. They're real. Then, on the way back home, we were debating about whether or not to go to Wal-mart to get chocolate milk (Joey's addiction). Joey said "No" right away, but then changed his mind, so we u-turned and went. 

Anyways... all that to get to this point. When we were driving back, this song came on in my car- its instrumental, and Joey just made the comment about how cool it would be if our lives had a soundtrack. When we were happy, the music would reflect that, if we were sad, it would reflect that... etc. But then I asked (or stated, more or less) If we were dating someone, would their soundtrack clash with ours, or would it blend perfectly? Would God have wired us to look for the soundtrack that matched ours in every way, and then, how would we know if that si all is was based on? And if we dated people before marriage in this alternate reality, would it just be because it sounded like our soundtracks blended for a while, or would we spend our whole lives looking for the soundtrack that matched ours, and lose focus on everything else? Would we want to be close to anyone else knowing that our true love was out there searching as well? I kinda think friendships would be obsolete. Felix said it would make things too easy... and I agree- where would be the joy in finding that person, no matter how much pain you go through to get there, you would love them all the more because of that. We wouldn't be pursued, and that would mess up the way God did everything. He is the pursuer of His bride (us)... but we would have no example of that anymore. I guess we would meet the person whose soundtrack matched ours, and then there would just be an agreement between the people sense the soundtracks blended- Hey, I think I'm supposed to marry you. Would we love them? I guess we would, but still it would be weird.

Just another attempt by me to find out why God wired us the way He did, and why love seems more like heartbreak than anything else. It was a really neat conversation, nonetheless. All three of us happen to be in the same boat (again, more or less) right now, so it's nice to talk to them. They say girls are hard to understand... where I say no, guys are.

Emily comes back tomorrow, I think. I'm excited. I've missed her so much all summer. Being with the youth leaders just doesn't feel right... it hasn't all summer. It was just an unsettling feeling. I can't wait to here all her stories. I'm kinda looking into going to Colorado for Bible College. It is a bit expensive, but it includes room and board... Mr. Tim went there and liked it a lot, so I'm just going to pray about it. It wont be till I'm done with BRCC anyways. 

One of my friends is leaving for his third year of college today. It doesn't seem like it has been that long. I hope he has an amazing semester.

drive carefully.

No comments: