Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cheers to the one you cant get off your mind

Have you ever missed someone?

I do. A lot. 

I've missed people before, those childhood friends that grow up, go to a school a bit farther away, have to study more, start hanging out with other friends, go to a different church, etc. Or those that come into your life for a while and have to move because of school, a job, or they get married. But this is a different kind of situation. With this situation, I knew this person for 3 years, and they changed my life. They challenged the way I thought about everything. Especially my faith. If there is one thing I like to talk about and discuss, it's faith related questions. I like to hear what others believe about God, and what He has done in their lives. And to be challenged to think about what I believe and not just believe it.

This friend not only challenged me, though, they also had my back. Situations that no one else would stand up in, this person did. And if I would ever doubt myself, they would give me Godly wisdom, such as: Never doubt in the dark what God has promised you in the light, and that we have to have faith in our past selves... the one who made the decision to step up in the first place. This person always wanted the best for me, but not just for me, for everyone around them. They saw more than they let on, and out of love would let you know when something needed to change, and also weren't afraid to have you tell them when they needed something to be changed. They respected me more than anyone I have ever known, and that respect was returned. And this person loved God and wanted to follow His will for their life more than anyone I know. They went through with His calling when it meant leaving everything they knew and starting over in a new place. They are brave enough to try/do things I'm not willing to try or to afraid to do.  I could be around this person forever and never get tired of being with ad talking/listening to them. They are truly a blessing from heaven (like all of my friends, of course).

That person hasn't been in my life for almost a year now. I can't say it gets any easier, but I know God has a reason He does these sort of things. 

So, here is to friendships. Those who have left a mark, and those who continue to leave their mark. Those that challenge you and make you stronger. 

And, of course, to that one you can't get off your mind.

No comments: