Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On the growing of brothers

My brother is getting old (rats, I guess that means I'm getting pretty old, too, hm?). I don't know why, but this greatly saddens me. You may ask why this has not bothered me till just now? Well, I shall ell you.

My little brother is currently on his way to youth group with a friend. Why? Well, because he is going to ask a girl to go to Morp (prom spelled backwards) with him. Yes. My little brother, that semi-awkward kid that we know and love (well, you may :) is asking a girl out

First, let me explain what Morp is. Morp is something that Victory Harvest Church has been doing for who-knows-how-long. It's basically a Christian version of prom that the kids can go to. It starts around 7, they have a theme, and the first part f the night is centralized around this theme (last year it was "[Morp] Movie Madness"- we watched Spiderman 3 -which had just came out- and had dinner in the theatre right before the movie) All the girls get into prom style dresses, the guys put on their suits or tuxes, and we just have a banquet type thing, then we all change, go play games/have snacks or something at a house, do a scavenger hunt (unless they have other plans) and then go do whatever till about 7 a.m., then we go home. It is a lot of fun.

So, this girl. Her name is Emily. She is very petite and quiet. I think I know my brothers choice now. I think he likes girls who are smart, quiet, pretty, petite, and love Jesus. I won't say why I know this :) Anyways, as my brother was leaving today, I asked where he was going, because he was walking in the wrong direction if he was going to Highlands (well, he won't walking towards the car), and he didn't turn around, but just told me he was going with his friends. I had a faint understanding of why he was doing this, then my dad quietly told me that he had this "funny grin" on his face when he was leaving. Ha! I knew exactly what he was doing!

Oh, and as a side note, I saved him for any of the other girls he may date in the future. I do hope they will one day be glad that I broke him (before the habit was formed, mind you) of asking a girl out over Facebook. Yes. Facebook!!! Kristian was going to let him! How could he even think of such a thing? I don't know. But I told him absolutely not. I told him that if he didn't ask the girl face-to-face or call her, there was no way I was going to let him go with her (and if the girl had any respect for herself, she would tell him no). So, he didn't. I must say, I was very proud of him. The world just needs to slow down... You don't ask someone out over the internet. I may have to tie him to the bed soon...

Wondering why people have to grow up so fast
Dom



"surely we can change
surely we can change
something."

No comments: