Sunday, March 1, 2009


I danced with God.

I was sitting on a bench on the porch, and then He appeared. He smiled at me, and took my hand. My breathing stopped, and my heart beat a sound I had never heard before.

He pulled me close and then it started. But it wasn’t like the stories say. The music wasn’t the most beautiful thing I had ever heard, but it was, mainly because it was so real. It was as if the world stopped performing its show, all of the actors shed their fake costumes and masks (the ones they felt filled them whole), and let people see them for who they really were. It was something I found hard to comprehend. Every note had a word, and every word was my life, and it all flowed to the beat of my heart. I could now feel my own heart shedding its skin. It was almost embarrassing, how pure and open this felt. I felt embarrassed for Him and myself, He didn’t look so, though. I wanted to pull those layers back over my heart, to grasp them in frenzy. My heart was then stripped of its covering, and revealed my Makers heart. It was in tune with His, and made the music sound even more compelling of truth and enticing. Every time I thought of how exposed my heart was, and I wanted to pull on that layer like pulling on an old coat I knew better than this exposition of myself… that is when the music would change. It didn’t make it any less beautiful; it was just harder to follow when that happened. But then He would pull me closer, look into my wanting eyes, and the music would gain new strength until I couldn’t look away, and my eyes were locked with the eyes of Love. Such a resounding pattern of music! That of love unbroken, un-startled by life. My heart and His were the music- our hearts were singing as one, and it was beautiful.

No comments: