Saturday, May 31, 2008

[not so] Lone Traveler

We are heading to Tennessee today. I should actually be doing some last minute packing, or baking Jonah's cake that I am going to bring with us. Today is his birthday. He is 16. I think this trip will be a good present of sorts. We sill plan on giving him a party when he gets back, and throwing Kristian a graduation party son after, too. 

Anyways, I love Tennessee. If there was one other place in America that I would want to live in, it would be there. This is going to be a fun and challenging week. At least I won't have to yell. I plan on being as silent as possible this trip (I don't know how well that will work :). I have been yelling at kindergartners to sit down, go get snack, pick up their bags, follow the leader... etc. etc. all week long. When you have 50+ kids in a cafeteria and need your group of children to listen, you have to yell. I don't like to yell. I would rather speak in a whisper all day than yell once.

Once again: "Anyways," at the beginning of this week I was really looking forward to this trip, but towards the end of the week up till now, I have found new reasons that this trip could be difficult. They are really petty things... I'll just have to set my mind on other things. But, if you happen to be reading this, please send up a prayer for Grace Life Youth group and it's leaders. Please pray that we stay safe, have an amazing time, and really minister to the people who's houses we will be putting roofs on. It'll be great! And I know God will really use this trip. 

So, peace out, goodbye, hasta la vista, adieu, sianora, adios. Be good :)



Actions speak louder than words ever could.

No comments: