Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hm.
Class was unofficially cancelled today when my professor still didn't show up 20 minutes after the hour. And I'm not so sure about the Literary rally/conference now because the girl I was going to go with can't go now. Anybody else want to go? :)

It smells strongly of old books here on the 4th floor of the SIMS Memorial Library. There is a girl about 25 feet directly in front of the table i am sitting at who is sleeping on a couch... And snoring.
The quiet isn't so quiet today though. I don't know why.
I am studying for my theatre test that is tonight and my math test that is on Monday.

And I am wondering what it would feel like to graduate. Are you anxious? Are you worried because of the state of the economy? Are you excited to see what doors God will open for you? Do you actually retain all that information you are "supposed to know"?

I am sort of contemplating grad. school right now.
It has only been something thought about this far, however, and not yet voiced to anyone. Not even to myself for fear that it will commit me to that. Right now I certainly can't afford it, but who is to say that I won't be able to in a year and a half (Lord willing I'll be done be then). Is that something God wants for me or something I am jumping to because of the instability of the economy?

I never considered it something I wanted or needed before last year. Most of my friends are/did pursue higher education, so I'm wondering, why not me?

I don't want my life to be like these books on the 4th floor shelves: rarely remembered and never checked out... And if they are picked, it is only to be stuffed in a backback, used for a few days, maybe a week, then sold to someone who needs it, or returned by the student who follows the rules (apparently-or so I was informed- people steal books from this library).

Well, sleeping beauty is awake (not intended as a mean statement-I realized that it could be taken that way depending on the mood of the reader), anddd back asleep again. While she sleeps I shall study and think (more thinking than studying albeit).

A fond farewell to you, dear reader. I hope you are having quite a lovely day, and remember that no matter what YOU choose in life, God will always use that for your good.
That is a wonderful spring thought... What with the "newness" of the earth and all.
Haste luego.

Signed:
Master's daughter

P.S. Progression on the hoodie wearing sleeping beauty: she sat up rather quickly, answered her phone, said "hello?" paused, "the library," longer pause, "alright then." grabbed her stuff, and walked out.
Thus ends her tale. For now, at least.

No comments: