Sunday, February 28, 2010

Opps?

I meant to post this, but I never did. Sort of a mini response to my first day at Southeastern


"Cowardly Lion"

1-19-10

Today, the sayings, “the smallest voice sometimes has the most power,” and “one person can make a difference,” took on an entirely different meaning. Passing all those kids today that looked just the same: all in their designer jeans and North Face jackets with their side ponytails or shagged hair. You wonder how each one of those people can be significant. And yet God can tell them all apart. He knew what was going through each of their minds as I watched them walk by on their phones or with their friends, some leaving, and some going. He knew exactly what I was thinking. He knew that I wanted to be early for my class. He knew that they were debating on eating Taco Bell or Popeyes.

Today, watching all that just blew me away. God knows every single one of us individually and intimately. Wow. Ok… in case you didn’t catch that, go read it again. If God can pour that much time into us, can’t we do same for Him… just one person? And He calls us to love as He loves. To love people the way He does. Wow. I can tell you right now, looking at those people and some of my first thoughts when seeing them, I wasn’t so sure I wanted to love them. Especially those two girls holding hands, or that one guy who cursed like a sailor. But that is just it- we can’t love them! That is why we depend on Him… He can do it through us. Everything in our life is dependent on Him. I like to think that He sets us up for failure when we try and do things on our own. How glorious! It never ceases to amaze me that God thought of everything. And things I still don’t know exist, He has thought about… and I thought I was pretty efficient J And I’ve decided this semester I don’t want to just be the “thank you” girl at the cash register, or the “Thank you for my tea,” or “thank you for explaining that more clearly”. I want to be a walking talking Jesus liver-outer. I don’t want to sit on the sidelines and watch. I want to be that kid that does the explaining- the one that speaks up in class.

And despite all this big-ness- I’ve decided that when the heart knows, it knows.

Signed:

The [lion] cub

No comments: