Sunday, October 5, 2008

Front Gate Fellowship

     A love bug landed on me the other day at work and I said aloud, “when I get to heaven, I’m going to ask God why he made love bugs.” Kyle and I (I can’t remember exactly how the conversation started- I think I asked Kyle what he wanted to ask God when he got to heaven) Then Kyle said that he has always imagined that God would sort of put us in a room and everything would just kind of be revealed to us… like a big museum. And I said, “but wouldn’t he want to be more personal with us? Like, I can’t imagine God just saying, ‘Ok, I’m going to put you guys in this room and it will answer all of your questions.’ I think God is a more personable person and that he would want to fellowship with us.” Then Skylar asked, “But would we even be worried about that kind of stuff anymore, like worldly things that may make us sad? There is no sorrow in heaven.” And I told her that she made a very good point. So, by the time we reach heaven, will our human questions matter anymore? Those that are related to this earth, anyway, or will those questions that we wanted answers to and even those we never knew existed would just be answered us in a way that it would feel as if we have always known the answers? I don’t know. I just thought it was a cool conversation.

 

     I had just brought the playground key back to Mrs. Rebecca and was heading back outside, when I started thinking about modesty… girls modesty is such a big deal (or in the Christian realm it is), what about guy modesty? Should guys be modest? And if so, what should guy modesty look like? So, when I got back to my post at the front gate, I asked Kyle what he thought. I told him I had some ideas, but they seemed kinda silly to voice. He wanted to hear them, though. I told him that I respect it a lot when one of my guy friends always holds his shirt down when he bends over (not that I am looking… don’t you be getting silly ideas into your head-I was just innocently observing) or squats (I don’t like that word). Because of this, he received the nickname “modest like chicken” by a mutual friend. I think he is the only guy I know who does this… and honestly, it sorta blows me away. I think it is so cool. It’s such a small thing to do, but it makes a difference to me. So, back to my story…. I basically told Kyle all that, but without all the detail, and how I think it’s cool when a guy wears a shirt with his swimsuit.  He (Kyle) said that it wasn’t exactly the same with guys and girls. He said that I had to remember that guys are more drawn my sight, whereas girls are looking for security and love. Skylar said she believed that guys should just be more careful when they speak about certain things. There need to understand that there are certain things you don’t talk about, whether with girls or not, and there are a lot of things that they shouldn’t say in front of girls. So, girls should be modest in the way they dress, and guys should be modest with their mouths.

The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just. Psalm 37:30 

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30



No comments: